An architect is one of the most important people that is going to help you achieve the building that you have envisioned. They can be acquired either from architecture firms in Malaysia or you can also find one that does some private practice.
That being said, if you are going to hire an architect, how do you best work with them? Read on to find out some helpful tips.
When Appointing One
- Just when you think that you can have a building without a good architect, then you are really not maximizing things. You see, an architect can help you create a building with a beautiful and functional design. Ironically, you can save more money by hiring an architect instead of not having one in the first place.
- Even if they are working on rather small projects like an attic conversion or a kitchen extension, having an architect will help make sure that they utilize all of the available space, while also making it a point that the building is used to its full potential.
- When choosing an architect, look at their work portfolio and ask them a couple of questions about their expertise, their experience, and their line of work (especially in what industries). This will give you a clearer picture of how they operate.
When Developing Your Building Requirements
- Before hiring an architect, you want to establish what you want them to work on. Do you want to have them just do an extension of your current building or do you want them to create schematics or blueprints for a new one?
- What functions do your new extension or building serve?
- What are your space requirements? Do you want a more spacious office or do you want to maximize all available space for the construction of cubicles, kitchens, and any other things that are of value to you?
- How much money are you willing to spend on this project? This is an important consideration since the architect is going to work for you for a very long time.
- Do you have strict time requirements? How fast do you want the project to be done?
When Thinking About Energy Efficiency
- Whether you want to create an entirely new building or if you just want an extension or refurbishment of your existing one, energy efficiency is a must. Perhaps, you can confer with your architect and have them add solar panels and any other modules that will help you achieve this.
- Perhaps, you want to install new windows that will help dissipate the heat more effectively. This can also help reduce energy consumption in a way since you are not going to be using any electrical appliances to keep your place cool.
- Ask the architect about the best-case scenario when you are just thinking about renovating your place. Ask them if they could fit in energy-efficient modules in your home or office building.